Frequently Asked Questions
Why is socialization important for my dog?
Dogs are social creatures (just like we are!) and their health and well-being depend on the ability to interact with all sorts of different stimuli-including peers, people, and the surrounding community. Creating opportunities for your pet to engage in positive socialization helps reduce anxiety, fear, and destructive behaviors associated with those emotions. As a bonus, well-socialized pups suffer from fewer stress related illnesses like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
What are your hours?
Bark 23 is open daily from 6:00am – 6:30pm for doggie drop offs and pick ups. If you have a situation that requires pick up or drop off outside of those hours, we are happy to work out a special arrangement to accommodate your needs. In certain situations, an additional fee may be required.
What kinds of pets do you accept?
Bark Based Services welcome small to medium sized dogs (up to 45lbs) , 8 weeks old and up. Bark23 may also accept larger dogs from time to time, based on their temperament and social skills. We prefer doggies to be- and most pups we care for are- spayed or neutered. If your family has chosen not to spay or neuter, it doesn’t mean that Bark23 is off the table- but additional temperament screening and behavior monitoring may be required and a fee may be put in place to cover any marking behaviors.
Bark23 cares for every breed type and size within their Home Based Services. Meet & greet’s are essential for Home Based Services so that Bark23 pet professionals can discuss pet routines, care needs, and behavioral quirks with pet parents in their natural environment. This also allows pets to meet us and ease any anxiety the pet may have about having a new person introduced to their routine. Additionally, it allows Bark23 to survey and discuss the home environment for any potentially risky situations like a loose gate latch or a sticky door frame, etc.
Do you only care for dogs?
Bark23’s main focus is on the canine population, however we know that many homes extend love to other animals in their pet family. If you would like services for your cat, bird, ferret, ect. while you are out of the home, please let us know and we will see what we can do to best accomodate your needs.
How long are visits?
Our flagship service- Doggie Daycare, spans 10 hours of fun for your little one anytime between 6:00am-6:30pm.
If you require a later day- That’s okay! We’ll just add a Doggie Daycare Express to your stay to cover any additional time needed (up to 4 additional hours).
Doggie Sleepovers at Bark23 include 24 hours of love, support, joy, and play.
For Home Based services the hours are a bit different.
Check-in’s last about 30-45 minutes. We like to ensure that your pup has had enough time to use the restroom, grab a bite to eat or drink, and engage in positive play time.
Dog Walking services last between 45- 60 minutes and include everything a check in offers, with the additional benefit of a neighborhood walk.
Home & Houndsitting services are great for 18 hours of in-home support per day, including spending the night with your fluffy loved ones. We want to ensure that your pups are safe, secure, and satisfied and we know that doesn’t happen without quality time and focus. Bark23 prides itself in the way we go above and beyond for our pets and their parents. As a personal policy, your pets will never be alone or crated for longer than 4.5 hours at a time.
What should I bring with my pup?
If your pup is on a medication schedule, bringing all their meds in the original packaging with the dosage information listed is a great pup parent move!
Staying with us for a Doggie Sleepover? Make sure to include enough food for their entire stay so we can keep their nutrition consistent and avoid any food related reactions (allergies, digestive issues, etc.). **If your little one will have a long day with us (10hrs +), including one portion of food with their belongings will go a long way for your pup’s nutrition and emotional well being. After all, we all get a little grumpy when we are hungry.
If your pup enjoys having their crate for peace breaks or to sleep in, feel free to bring that as well!
Toys, blankets, and other transitional items are welcome to come with your pup, but we can not be held responsible for any damage that may occur while they are on premise. We have plenty of toys, food bowls, and blankies here for them to use if you’d like to keep their personal items safe at home.
What is the process for hiring you?
Is this your first time with us? Yay! We would love to take your information down and get the pups together for a meet & greet. We like to meet on neutral ground like a doggie park or an outdoor cafe so that each pup is allowed to express themselves without worrying about defending territory. It’s a great opportunity for us to talk about any behavioral quirks, feeding and/or medical needs, as well as go over any concerns you may have.
Once we’ve met and become great new friends, you can book services conveniently through www.bark23.com or through our easily downloadable scheduling app (TimeToPet) for android or Apple. Both platforms accept credit/debit cards, PayPal, Venmo, and the Cash app so you can take care of booking fees as easy as 1, 2, 3!
What is the payment process?
You can book services convieniently through www.bark23.com or through our easily downloadable app (TimeToPet) for android or Apple. Both platforms accept credit/debit cards, paypal, venmo, and the cash app so you can take care of booking fees as easy as 1, 2, 3!
For insurance and security purposes, booking fees are due prior to the start of services.
What vaccinations do we need?
Here are the basic vaccination requirements here in AZ:
DPP (Distemper, Parvo virus, and Para influenza), current in the last year
Bordetella, current in the last 6 months
Rabies, current in the last year for puppies and in the past three years for adults
We go to a great mobile clinic for our pet’s vaccination needs and LOVE them. They have clinics all over the valley, but we like to go to the one at The Pet Club- 520 W. McDowell Rd, Phoenix AZ 85003
Check out their site for one near you! https://www.vippetcare.com/find-a-clinic/
What is your cancelation policy?
If you need to cancel within 48 hours of your service start date a few options are available.
1. We can credit you for future services (Great for doggie daycare, doggie walks, and check-in’s). We want to make things as easy and consistent for you as possible!
2. After a $40 cancelation fee, we can refund any and all of the remaining amount. The $40 cancelation fee allows us to provide security for our sitter’s who have blocked time out of their schedules to care for your pet’s need. This benefit is one reason why we are able to maintain quality sitters and avoid turnover issues that other companies combat.
What is a typical vacation care schedule and routine for dogs?
At Bark23, everything we do is customized to your pup and family’s unique needs so a typical day is tough to relay. Some families prefer their pups to be walked in the morning, some at night. Some families prefer their pets to free eat and others have specific feeding schedules. We want to support whatever system works best for you!
Our on-site Doggie Daycare is flexible and offers a wide array of options for feeding and play. We offer in-home/ back yard play as well as neighborhood walks, field trips to the park, and car rides to local pro-pup businesses. While activity is very important for our fur friends growth and development- rest can be just as big of a priority. Our furniture is pet friendly and cuddle puddles are a popular activity for our growing and older pups alike. We have separate rooms for pups who require solo feeding time and are happy to adapt to whatever special needs your fur friend requires.
As a general rule, we do not crate our pups and their fur friends. However, if your pup enjoys having their crate around or is accustomed to a certain crate schedule (sleeping, for example), we are happy to host it for them.
I am worried about giving someone the keys and access to my home. How am I protected?
Opening up our homes to others can be tough! But rest assured, Bark23 is both bonded and insured through Pet Care Insurance. In addition, each sitter has a current IVF Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card which means they have passed a thorough federal background check.
Bark23's Service Agreement
1. Overview. Client identified below, enters into the agreement with Bark23 LLC, its agents, affiliates, contractors, representatives, assistants and/or associates, herein referred to as Bark23, the contents of the agreement apply to the initial period of time during which services will be rendered, hereinafter referred to as “Service Period,” as well as to any subsequent Service Period’s in the future. Details of the services to be provided are expressed separately – in writing, orally or both – and may be changed from time to time upon Client’s notification and Bark23’s subsequent acknowledgment and agreement. Cost of services are based upon Bark23’s published rates and fees, which are available for Client’s review, and they are subject to change without notice.
2. Confirmation of Service Periods. Regardless of whether Client has reserved a Service Periods with Bark23, it is incumbent on Client to receive an email saying APPROVED from the system in order for the booking to be confirmed. If the client does not receive such email, then there is no booking in the system.
3. Client’s return – Bark23 assumes that Client arrives home on schedule.
4. Extension of Service Period. In the event of a delay in the Client’s return , Client must contact Bark23 at earliest opportunity. Service Periods may be extended by mutual agreement between Bark23 and Client preferable by email. In case of international travel, cruise ship travel, or emergency situations, in which an emergency telephone call to Bark23 is not possible or practical, Bark23 may extend the Service Periods to accommodate the needs of the pets, plants and home for a maximum of seventy-two (72) hours. If no contact is made to Bark23 within seventy-two (72) hours, Bark23, reserves the right to surrender key(s) of the home and the care of its animal inhabitants to a pre-specified Emergency Contact, at which point the Service Period closes.
5. Food and Supplies. Client agrees to ensure that an adequate amount of food and/or other supplies are available, obtainable, in good condition, and in a location that Bark23 can easily locate in the home prior to the commencement of the Service Periods and for the duration of the entire Service Period. Client understands that depletion of such food and/or other supplies would result in Bark23’ replenishment with the same or a reasonable substitute in any quantity at client’s expense, plus applicable errand surcharges.
6. Security Systems Bark23 is not liable for any charges, fines, or other damages resulting from the malfunction or unintended triggering of a security system.
7. Keys/Lockout Two keys to the home will be given to Bark23 to keep on file by the completion of the booking. If a garage code is offered to gain entry to your home, it is the clients responsibility for any missed visits due to malfunction or power outage. In the event that Bark23 is required to employ a locksmith to gain entry into a client’s premises due to the malfunction of the lock, or failure of Client to provide a functioning key to Bark23, it shall be the responsibility of Client to reimburse Bark23 for all costs incurred. The Client expressly gives Bark23 the authority to employ a locksmith on Client’s behalf in the event of the aforementioned circumstance(s).
8. Property Damage. Bark23 is not responsible for damage to Client’s property caused by Client’s pet(s) during the Service Period. If any neighbor, friend, family member, contractor, or other Client representative enters Client’s home or property during a Service Period, Bark23 is not responsible for damages or loss to Client’s property.
9. Personal Injury. Client assumes responsibility for injuries and disabilities sustained by Bark23 caused by clients’ pets and/or home, including, but not limited to, bites, scratches, mauls, hazards, etc. Bark23 generally does not provide service for aggressive animals. If client misrepresents an animals history of aggression, client places Bark23 at substantial risk and may be liable for significant punitive damages. If any of client’s pets exhibit signs or acts of aggression after client enters this agreement, client is obligated to notify Bark23 of the incident(s) (a) at once if a service period is pending, or (b) upon requesting future service. Bark23 decision to provide care to an animal(s) following client disclosure of unsatisfactory animal’s behavior does not indemnify client from claims resulting from such animal(s). If Bark23 takes pet(s) off clients premise(s), client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Bark23 for any injury or damage which may be caused to others by the actions of clients pet(s), or to clients pet(s) caused by the actions of other animal(s), including, but not limited to, loose or stray dogs.
10. Plant Care. Upon request Bark23 will provide reasonable plant maintenance, however client indemnify Bark23 from liability in the event the plant becomes damaged.
11. Outdoor Animal(s). Bark23 is not responsible for injury, disappearance, or death of pet(s) with unaided or unassisted access to the outdoors, including dog doors. Un aided or unassisted access will include but not be limited to pet doors.
12. Loss of Animal(s). Bark23 strongly encourages client to maintain legible and accurate identification on pet(s), even if the pet(s) is not normally provided access to the outdoors. Clients should insure that an animal(s), which may be quick to spring from the premise upon the opening of a door or gate, is additionally restrained from the exit. (i.e. Crate, internal door, etc.) If client fails to comply with such reasonable and prudent precautions, then client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Bark23 from the loss of such pet(s).
13. Urgent Animal Care. In case of an illness or injury that Bark23 believes to threaten clients pet(s) lives or quality of life, Bark23 will make every reasonable attempt to secure prompt treatment for clients pet(s). Client authorizes Bark23 to authorize emergency first aid and/or medical surgical treatment to clients pet(s) at a veterinary clinic of Bark23 choice during the service period, and client agrees to be solely responsible for all expenses incurred resulting from such effort, even if unsuccessful, up to limits designated in writing, or if not available, at Bark23 ‘s discretion. Due to the nature and urgency of some pet(s) health emergency, where time is of the essence, there may not be time to consult with client and/or Client specified emergency contact(s) when Bark23 considers it’s safe and/or appropriate to do so.
14. Urgent Home Care. In the event that Client’s home is damaged during the Service Period, and if Bark23 will first attempt contact with Clients and/or Emergency Contact(s) to establish a plan of action, and if neither Client, nor Emergency Contact(s), can be reached, Client authorizes Bark23 to take appropriate steps to return the property to a safe, secured and/or stable condition at Client’s expense. Examples of such urgent home care include but are not limited to window breakage, water damage due to plumbing problems, forced entry, tree limb damage, vehicle damage, etc.
15, Trespassers. During the Service Period there is to be no one else allowed on the Client’s property (including home and yard) without prior approval from both Bark23 and the Client. If anyone other than Bark23 enters the client’s property during the Service Period without advance acknowledgment to Bark23, the Client will be responsible for all situations thereafter the trespassers entry.
16. Discretionary License. If Bark23 determines, at its sole discretion, that it is unsafe to enter Client’s property and/or approach Client’s pet(s), or if damages or injuries occur during the Service Period, Bark23 reserves the right to close the Service Period prior to its scheduled closure and/pr secure one or more pets in any manner necessary, including, but not limits to, crating, tethering, confining, off-site boarding, off-site kenneling, or off-site sheltering, at Client’s expense.
17. Online Registration and Profile: Bark23 uses a safe and encrypted online system to store clients information. This is the clients responsibility to ensure that the system is always up to date and the sitters will be using the info provided in the system as the ultimate instruction for the home and pet care.
18. Mandatory Arbitration: If a dispute arises between Bark23 and the client any action must be attempted to be resolved by either mediation or non-binding arbitration before any legal action is commenced. If either party institutes mediation or arbitration it is agreed that the rules of the American Arbitration Association will govern the proceedings. The parties agree to split mediation and arbitration costs.
19. Attorneys’ Fees. If client commences a legal proceeding to enforce or obtain a declaration of rights under this agreement, and Bark23 becomes the prevailing party in such proceeding, then Bark23 shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred in the proceeding from the non prevailing Client, as well as any reasonable attorney’s fees and costs that Bark23 incurred prior to commencing the proceeding.
20. Payment Terms. Unless otherwise mutually agreed upon, payment for the first service is due prior to service commencement. Returned checks are subject to a twenty-five dollar handling charge, and may result in cash payment being required (a) in advance for future services and/or to settle and existing outstanding balance. Accounts outstanding more than sixty days from the end of the Service Period may be turned over to a collection agency. Client agrees to pay all costs associated with the employment of such collection agency in obtaining or attempting to obtain the outstanding balance due and applicable late fee(s).
21. Severance and Choice of law: If any term or terms of this agreement are deemed invalid or illegal by a court of competent jurisdiction, that term shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona.
22. Pictures. Client agrees to have pictures taken of their pets if Bark23 wants to use them for marketing purposes. The pictures will only be of the pets and no breach of security will be at risk.
I have READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE too, all terms and conditions specified above and have been provided a legible copy of this document.